US Department of Education Funding

Administered by the Office of Graduate Affairs

The USED supports a variety of federally funded language study and research fellowships. Details regarding eligibility and the application processes for FLAS, Fulbright and Fulbright-Hays fellowships are posted online by the University of Chicago Office of Graduate Affairs. For additional information, contact Brooke Noonan at or phone 773-702-0871. U.S. federally-supported fellowships often carry eligibility restrictions regarding citizenship.

Students applying for language study with the University of Wisconsin’s South Asia Summer Language Institute may also be eligible to apply for FLAS funding through the University of Wisconsin program. Please contact SASLI program administrators for details.