Funding Opportunities for South and South East Asian Studies

Who may apply for COSAS support?

COSAS funding is generally restricted to current graduate students at the University of Chicago. This includes COSAS fellowships, travel grants and small research grants.

College students and graduate students may apply for occasional “Special Projects.” Projects supported in the recent years have included campus-based arts programs, workshops, and conferences with a central focus on Southern Asia.

It is best to submit a proposal in the early spring for the following academic year. Contact the COSAS office at 773-702-8637 or e-mail for further information.