Language Study and Research through COARC-affiliated Institutes
Students from any university may apply for a variety of language and research fellowships through institutes affiliated with COARC. COARC programs and fellowships are generally open to individuals of any nationality.
In recent years, undergraduate and graduate students have been able to participate in some CAORC institute summer programs with support through the U. S. Department of State Critical Languages Scholarships (CLS). CLS fellowships are restricted to US citizens.
Please visit the CAORC-affiliated institute web sites for details regarding language study and area research funding opportunities:
- Council of American Overseas Research Centers (CAORC)
- American Institute of Indian Studies (AIIS)
- American Institute of Pakistan Studies (AIPS)
- American Institute of Sri Lankan Studies (AISLS)
- American Institute of Bangladesh Studies (AIBS)
- American Institute of Afghanistan Studies (AIAS)
- Center for Khmer Studies
- U.S. Department of State Critical Language Scholarships (CLS Program)
See additional information on fellowships at CAORC